1. In consideration of the ability to perform at a PSi event I (herein after Poet) hereby grant permission to Poetry Slam Inc., (herein after PSi) to photograph or video and/or audio record me and record my voice, performances, poses, acts, plays and appearances at this PSi event, and to use my picture, photograph, silhouette and other reproductions of my physical likeness and sound as part of the archiving (for historical preservation as well as for the prospect of use in future commercial ventures) of the event (herein after the Project). Further, I agree, that if any of my performances or portions of my performances appear in the final product(s) used for either commercial or educational purposes, depicting the audible portion of any of my performances, I shall receive one (1) copy of said product for the price of shipping and handling only.
2. I understand that the poet does have the rights to film their own performances in preliminary and semi-final bouts (when applicable) for non-commercial use, provided that filming does not interfere with venues, bouts, audience, or other competitors. It is a violation for any entity other than PSi to photograph or video and/or audio record any portion of final bouts and performances.
3. It is a violation and breach of this agreement for the Poet to assign, sell or transfer footage or audio of his or her PSi event performance, with or without consideration, to any entity that the Poet knows or has reason to believe will use such footage in a commercial product or for any commercial purpose. I understand that if any entity other than PSi wishes to use any footage of the Poet’s PSi performances for commercial use, that entity must obtain the written permission of PSi.
4. For the above consideration, and the continued potential exposure of my poetry and performance, I grant Poetry Slam Inc. the right to use any video or audio reproduction of my performances at this PSi event for archival, promotional, educational or commercial purposes and use in future commercial products of PSi. I understand that I retain the copyright to the poems themselves.
5. I warrant and represent that all of the material that I will perform at this PSi event is my own original material. I further warrant and represent that no other person or entity holds any interest in that material, or my performance of it, whether by contract, common law, or statute, and that I have full and complete authority to convey the rights under this Agreement to PSi, without the need for approval, permission, or authority from any other person or entity. I understand that breach of these warranties and representations may subject PSi to demands or liabilities, and I agree to indemnify PSi for any such demands or liabilities resulting from, directly or indirectly, a breach of these warranties and representations.
6. I agree that I will not maintain or assert against PSi, its successors, assigns, agents, employees, directors, affiliates, or licensees, any claim, action, suit, or demand of any kind or nature whatsoever, including but not limited to, those grounded upon invasion of privacy, rights of publicity or other civil rights, or for any other reason in connection with PSi’s authorized use of my physical likeness and sound in this PSi event as herein provided. I hereby release PSi and its successors, assigns, agents, employees, directors, affiliates, or licensees, and each of them, from and against any and all claims, liabilities, demands, actions, cause(s) of action, costs and expenses whatsoever, at law or in equity, known or unknown, anticipated or unanticipated, which I ever had, now have, or may, shall or hereby after have reason, matter, cause or thing arising out of PSi’s use as herein provided.
7. The Poet understands and agrees that Illinois law shall govern the interpretation and enforcement of this agreement and consents to a jurisdiction of any competent court within the state of Illinois.
8. The Poet understands and agrees that breach of this agreement will be remedied by appropriate injunctive relief and consents to the entry of said injunctive relief in the event of his or her breach by a court of competent jurisdiction.